Friday, February 14, 2014

Much love on Valentine's Day!


 Happy Valentine's Day from the Holley House!

This year Valentine's Day has been a little eclectic for James and I. My sweet husband surprised me with my Valentine's gifts three days early. I had actually already purchased a gift for him, and so I reciprocated the gesture the following day. (We started watching immediately!) We actually don't have any special plans today, because on top of James's normal workday in SLC, my day has been consumed by LTUE, where I am presenting on two panels this afternoon as well as a book signing this evening. So we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow instead.

I have always liked Valentine's Day. There may have been a year or two where I felt more inclined toward the "Single's Awareness Day" mentality. (When you're single and surrounded by people in committed relationships, it can be hard not to feel anti-Valentine's Day to one degree or another.) However, there's always been something about V-day that has sparked a happy note for me. I think it's because I am generally a lover of people, and Valentine's, while primarily a romantic-love-based holiday, still has given me the opportunity to express love and affection for those I care about, platonic or otherwise.

So, my dear friends and family, I just want you to know that I love you! I am grateful for your affection and your investment in my life. I feel very blessed to have so many amazing people in my world. Have an wonderful Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment