Sunday, February 23, 2014

Baby Shower Happiness

We are feeling very grateful today.

Yesterday was my baby shower. First of all, I'm grateful to my mother, who decided to throw me the shower. She and my dad put together the invitation with a little creative input from yours truly. Mom arranged the whole thing and made a ton of delightful food. And it turned out wonderfully!

Baby showers are a hit-and-miss thing for me. I've been to some that have been truly enjoyable, and I've been to some that were, frankly, rather torturous. Every new mother is different, as are those ladies who throw the showers, appreciated though they always are. Everyone has their own ideas about what a shower should involve.

For me, the important things were 1) having a chance to visit and spend time with the lovely women in my life, 2) eat yummy things, and 3) NOT play any ridiculous games.

(Please forgive me if you are someone who loves baby shower games. I just don't care for them, personally.)

With those things in mind, I would say that my baby shower went off GREAT. There were no silly games, there was much yumminess to consume, and lots of pleasant visiting. It was almost unfortunate that so many people came, because I hardly hard a chance to visit with many of them. Except that it was actually incredibly wonderful that so many people came. =)


I will admit honestly that I was hoping to receive a few gifts to help us get ready for Baby J's arrival. Yet I was in no way prepared for the generosity of my friends and family. It was a mountain of presents! And so many fantastic things that we needed and wanted. I was a little overwhelmed!

Last night, James and I were in the nursery looking over the things that we received. One of the best parts of my day was when he looked up from the pile of darling baby clothes with a big smile on his face and said, "I'm going to be a dad!" You should have heard the excitement in his voice! It matched my own level of anticipation. Six weeks and counting!

To those of you who came to the shower yesterday, a heartfelt thank-you, for your company and for your thoughtfulness. To all, thank you for your love and kind thoughts. We are grateful for you all!

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything in particular that you are still wanting/needing? We have lots of things we would be willing to lend/give/buy so you don't have to. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete