Friday, May 31, 2013

A New Era

No, I am not writing about a Church magazine.

I am writing about a major shift in my life--though to anybody else, it probably won't seem like a very big change.

Today is my last day working as the Program Director at Beyond Sports Taekwondo. Friends, don't be alarmed. I will still be teaching and attending at the studio. But I have handed over all my office duties, effective today.

It's been a decision long in coming, and not an easy one to make. I love the studio, and I hope they will continue to thrive without me in the office. However, there are hopefully to going to be other, really major changes in my life in the near-ish future, which I am planning and preparing for now.

The biggest concern right now is my writing. I have had very clear inspiration that I am supposed to write, and I intend to follow those directions. Dropping 10+ hours a week of work allows me the time I need to write my third book before the really major changes come along.

So, Taekwondo friends, this means I'm no longer your touchstone for all things studio-related. All friends, this means if I seem a little absent-minded occasionally, it's probably because I'm writing furiously in my head. I am hopeful that this will be a positive change. Regardless, I know that it's the right thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment