Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Look for a New Season

As you'll notice, Our Holley House has a new look! I've been thinking about giving the blog a makeover for a few days, and the time has come. Goodbye, wedding cake background! Hello summer!

The change coincides not only with the warmer weather outside (thank goodness our landlord finally got our swamp cooler working!) but also with a shifting season within our house. Of course, James and I have decided that in some respects, we'll probably behave like newlyweds even when we're 80. But in reality, newlywed phase is slowly giving way to something more like married life.

Don't get me wrong, I still have ridiculously giddy moments with James. I still have times where it all feels totally surreal, and I cannot believe that I am married. And I remain absurdly, completely, overwhelmingly in love with my sweet husband.

But I don't have to hang on to the title of "newlywed" to be unreservedly in love. I am a wife. I am a partner. I am a lover. I am a companion. Soon I will also become a mother to his children. None of these will fade. Each of them, I am certain, will only become greater and better as time passes.

So, welcome summer. Welcome life. I am excited to enjoy each moment you have to offer us.

No comments:

Post a Comment