Sunday, June 9, 2013

Our newest adventure

I guess it's official: we're house-hunting!

We've started into the process of getting pre-qualified for a home loan (yikes!) and this weekend took the step of getting in touch with one of our good friends who is a real estate agent. We are soon to start actually looking at houses, which seems like a BIG step to me.

We are not in a huge rush, seeing as how we have our apartment until October. But as I've talked to people about home-buying, the more I keep hearing how long it takes, so I feel good about starting now.

James and I are incredibly excited. I will admit that I am a little nervous, seeing as how it's our first time buying a home, and there's so much that goes into it.

Those of you who have been through this before, what advice do you have to share? What should we know as we embark upon this adventure? Please share!

3 comments:

  1. If you want a nice townhome we are selling ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan, but we're not looking at townhomes this time around. Best of luck selling yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We're going to be closing on our first house at the end of this month. It's been crazy because of the oil boom in Texas. Hopefully it'll be a little less intense for you guys.
    Our "closing costs" are completely covered by a Texas first-time home buyers grant, but even with that, we've spent more than $2,000 trying to get to closing.
    Good luck!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete