Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This Mad Month of August

James and I realized during the first week in August that we would not be going to our ward again until my birthday. Our weekends in August look like this:

Weekend 1: Baby blessing for friends Ellen and Justin's new little baby Reed (who is adorable).
Weekend 2: Mission farewell for friend Kristen, who leaves tomorrow.
Weekends 3 & 4: Honeymoon cruise.
Weekend 5: Camping with birthdad & fam.

Hopefully our ward doesn't forget who we are. It would be ironic to come back on the eighth of September and have to be introduced all over again. Ironic, but entirely possible.

In addition to our full weekends, there's just been a lot going on! Some of them include:

-Coaching at our studio's Black Belt Overnighter (also over the first weekend in August).
-Purchasing and planting a peach tree in our backyard (after first ripping out a dead tree).
-Having various family members over for dinner during several evenings.
-Getting our piano tuned.
-Sealings at the temple. (We were going to do an endowment session, but we decided to let the fervor over the new video die down a little first, instead of waiting 2+ hours to make it into a session.)
-Regular date nights. (So far this month: seeing The Wolverine, which was decent, having lunch at The Pizza Factory--mm!, and seeing The Scarlet Pimpernel at the Scera Shell with my parents).
-Camping at Payson Lakes with my family last weekend.
-Installing new blinds on our front room window after the old ones collapsed in spectacular fashion.
-And of course all the regular stuff like teaching and attending taekwondo classes, grocery shopping, and making goo-goo eyes at each other on a regular basis.

Of course, the big exciting things are yet to come! The greatest of which is our HONEYMOON CRUISE coming in just a few short days! We leave late Friday night, and our cruise begins on Saturday. I couldn't be more excited. This is my first time leaving North America, my first time on a cruise, and probably my last for a long time to come! We have stops in the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk Island. Not to mention all the fun things to do ON the boat. We'll be gone for a week, and I'm sure it won't be nearly long enough. Can't. Wait.

When we get back, I will 1) be changing my name legally at last. We waited so as to avoid the purchase of a new passport, but with the cruise behind us, I will be officially becoming a Holley. And 2) we will be getting a dog. We're planning to rescue a dog from the pound, so we have no idea what we will end up with. We're agreed on size and temperament, but other than that, it will be interesting to see what we end up with! Regardless, we are both very excited to be adding to our little family. Doggie will be going through trial by fire, as he/she will probably be going camping with us and my birth family that weekend. It will be an adventure, right?

I love my crazy life. I would much rather be busy than bored. Of course, one needs balance, and I do try to find it. James and I make lots of time for R&R, and just for one another's company, which is most important. He is seriously the best husband in the world--for me. Blessings abound, and I am incredibly grateful!!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that you planted a peach tree - that's awesome! Goodness, you two and that house are the perfect match! I am so so so so very happy for you!! :) :) :)

    Also, hope all goes well with Doggie! I can't wait to meet him/her!

    ReplyDelete